My Yellow Ukulele
£10.99 includes P&P
Released January 2012 | Format: CD | ref: CDBAR027
Usually ships within 1-2 days
The song My Yellow Ukulele was specially written by Gill Bowman for the wee ones who attend song circle, a singing group for parents, babies and children under five in Edinburgh, Scotland. The other songs on the album are also song circle favourites and include some classic nursery rhymes, traditional Scottish lullabies, poems and folk songs.
- Time to rise (written by Robert Louis Stevenson) 0.20
- Dance tae yer daddy (Trad: Arr. Gill Bowman) 1.36
- Jack and Jill (Trad: Arr. Gill Bowman) 0.29
- Bee Baw Babbity (Trad: Arr. Gill Bowman) 1.03
- Summer’s gone (Trad: Arr. Riley Briggs) 2.38
- Aitken Drum (Trad: Arr. Gill Bowman) 3.00
- Baa Baa black sheep (Trad: Arr. Gill Bowman) 0.43
- When I first came to this land (Trad: Arr. Gill Bowman) 3.06
- My Yellow Ukelele (Written by Gill Bowman) 2.51
- Oh, can ye sew cushions? (Trad: Arr. Gill Bowman) 2.12
- Golden slumbers (Trad: Arr. Gill Bowman) 0.47
Song Circle, now in its eighth year, is a unique and independent singing group for babies and children aged 0-5 years old, hosted by Scottish singer/songwriter Gill Bowman in the backroom of the family café in Stockbridge, Edinburgh. Skylark Café is a haven for young families and Song Circle a cornerstone of the day-to-day life of the business. – Find out more.
The perfect soundtrack to gently lull wee ones off to sleep.Practically guaranteed to put anyone to sleep, this album is designed to play as one long dreamy soundscape. It begins with bright tunes at the start of baby’s bedtime routine, and gradually becomes quiet and gentle. By the time you tiptoe from the nursery, your baby will be sound asleep. Warning: Also effective on adults! – Find out more.