Hard Times Come and Go
£10.99 includes P&P
Released January 2015 | Format: CD | ref: CDBAR020
Usually ships within 1-2 days
The second album from Sandy Brechin (piano accordion, backing vocals) and Ewan Wilkinson (vocals, guitar). Also featuring Alison Smith (fiddle), John Currie (whistles), Laura Matuszak (backing vocals), Marcos Watt (congas), Mike Katz (pipes and whistles) and William Oke (bass guitar).
Ewan and Sandy play a mixture of Scottish, Irish and English traditional songs and tunes, together with contemporary folk songs and original compositions.
- The Devil Was a Friend to Me 1:50
- The Road to Errogie / The Hornets’ Nest / The Bunny’s Hat 3:14
- Broken Hearted I’ll Wander 3:40
- Tibbie Fowler O’ the Glen 3:10
- Lady Isabella Wemyss’s Strathspey / Streens / Mr Jaffrey’s (Jnr) Strathspey 3:08
- You’ve Been Gone Far Too long 2:49
- Tait’s / The Chow Man 3:19
- May Day 3:53
- Carnie’s Canter / Andy Broon’s Reel / Clydesdale Lasses 2:29
- The High Level Hornpipe / The Saratoga Hornpipe / President Garfield’s 3:22
- Battle of Otterburn 4:45
- Ian Green of Greentrax / Duntroon 3:31
- The Snows They Melt the Soonest 3:52
- Lullaby (At the End of the Day) 5:02
Ewan Wilkinson – Lost in the Day The debut album from ‘the new young voice of the borders’, Ewan Wilkinson. An astonishingly mature and talented singer/guitarist, his voice breathes new life into old songs and he carries on the tradition with his own excellent song compositions. Musicians: Ewan Wilkinson – vocals, guitars, ukulele; Sandy Brechin – accordion, backing vocals; Alison Smith – fiddle; Ronan Martin – fiddle; Wendy Weatherby – cello; John Currie – low D whistle. – Find out more.
Sandy Brechin & Friends – The Sunday Night Sessions After 15 years playing every Sunday night at the Ensign Ewart pub at the top of The Royal Mile in Edinburgh, Sandy Brechin and friends release this delightful recording of some of the fine music from over the years (includes previously unrecorded tunes from piping legend, Gordon Duncan). – Find out more.